Heroes of Newerth Wiki
Combat Type Hero
Health 5000
Health Regen 15
Mana 10000
Mana Regen 5
Damage 100
Armor 10
Magic Armor 15
Movement Speed 350
Sight Range 1400/1400
Attack Range 150 (Melee)
Missile Speed Instant
Base Attack Time 1.55
Attack Animation 0.4/0.4
Turn Rate 540
Gold 350 Gold.png
Experience 1789
Notes Unitwalking

Frostbite is the Boss Neutral of Mid Wars in Version 3.6.0, temporarily replacing Zorgath and Transmutanstein.


In addition to these abilities, every 30 seconds, Frostbite gains 2 Damage and 100 Max Health, and stops gaining stats after 60 minutes. Frostbite is also immune to Armor reduction effects (but not Magic Armor reductions).

When attacked, every 2 seconds Frostbite will perform a check. If there is an enemy hero within 650 radius, it has a 75% chance to cast a random ability at a random hero within radius, prioritizing Freezing Breath, then Giant Snowball, then Snowgoats.

All abilities have a chance to trigger once Frostbite takes damage from an attack.

Freezing Breath
[ Q ]
Frostbite Freezing Breath.jpg
Cast Time: 0.5 / 0 seconds
Self Position Enemy Heroes
Type - Magic
Radius: 350
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Channeling Time: 2.2 seconds
Sprays freezing breath in a 180 degree arc around Frostbite. Anything caught in the arc is dealt 2x Frostbite's Attack Damage and suffers -5 Armor for 6 seconds. Freezing Breath also has a chance to freeze units, rendering them immobile and disarmed for 3 seconds.
  • Freezing Breath does not go on cooldown or spend Mana if cancelled early.
  • Freezing Breath hits in a 180 degree arc in front of Frostbite.
  • Has a 20% chance to freeze an enemy.
  • If an enemy becomes frozen, it only receives the negative Armor debuff for 3 seconds (while frozen). Otherwise, the Armor debuff lasts 6 seconds.

Giant Snowball
[ W ]
Frostbite Giant Snowball.jpg
Cast Time: 0 / 0 seconds
Self Position Enemy Units
Type - Physical
Mana Cost: 100
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Channeling Time: 2 seconds
After a 2 second channel, creates a Giant Snowball. Giant Snowball picks up anything in its path and rolls toward the center of the map. On impact, all units caught receive a 1.5 second stun and take 30% of their max health as Physical Damage.
  • The snowball has a touch radius of 120 and travels at a speed of 800.
  • When the snowball reaches its end point, it deals damage and stuns in a 400 radius.

Icy Coat
[ E ]
Frostbite Icy Coat.jpg
Passively increases health and damage over time.

Each attack dealt to Frostbite will cause the attacker to lose 5% Attack Speed for 3 seconds, up to a max of -30% Attack Speed.


Winter Spirit
[ R ]
Frostbite Winter Spirit.jpg
Passive Self
After receiving enough damage, Frostbite goes into a rage. He is magic immune during this time. The presents that shoot from his back could be a gift or a "lump of coal," so be careful!
Cooldown: 6 seconds
After receiving non-DoT damage 40 times, becomes enraged for 6 seconds. While enraged, Frostbite is Magic Immune and he will throw presents every 0.5 seconds at a random area within 500 radius. The presents have a 90% chance to explode, dealing 10% of an enemy's Max Health in Magic Damage and stun for 1 second in a 200 radius. There is a 10% chance a present will drop a Double Damage Rune or Haste Rune instead.
  • Presents land in a random area within 200 to 500 units of Frostbite.
  • Presents travel to its target position at 200 speed.
  • Both the Double Damage and Haste Rune have an 1 in 20 chance to drop from a present.

Combat Type Ranged
Health 300
Health Regen 0.5
Damage 100
Armor 2
Magic Armor 0
Movement Speed 300
Sight Range 650/650
Attack Range 600 (Ranged)
Missile Speed ???
Base Attack Time 2
Attack Animation 0.4/0.05
Turn Rate 320
Gold 30 Gold.png
Experience 40
Notes 0.2 second Stun on attack

Cast Time: 0 / 0 seconds
Self Position All Heroes
Type - Magic
Range: 400
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Summons 2 Snowgoats. Snowgoats have 300 Health and its attacks deal 100 Physical Damage and stuns for 0.2 seconds.
  • The first Snowgoat is summoned on cast, then a second Snowgoat is summoned after a 1 second delay.
  • A Snowgoat appears in a random area within 200 radius of Frostbite.



Unlike other Neutrals, Frostbite will spawn as soon as the game starts.

When Frostbite is killed, it will respawn exactly 10 minutes after its death. It is impossible to prevent Frostbite from spawning.


Frostbite cannot be attacked from outside its lair. Any attacks attempted from outside its lair will show a pop-up as a Miss, but True Strike will not allow you to damage the Snotter Boss from outside its lair. However, abilities will damage the Snotter Boss, regardless damage type or whether the user is inside or outside the lair.

Any attacks dealt to Frostbite from more than 1000 range will miss.


Frostbite will not attempt to use its abilities until it has been attacked.

If Frostbite is lured outside of his lair for more than 3 seconds, he will be forced to return to his lair. When this happens, any debuffs are dispelled from Frostbite, and Frostbite gains Invulnerability, Cliffwalking and Buildingwalking until he returns to his lair.

Frostbite will never attack Towers.


When Frostbite is killed, the killer will receive 350 gold. In addition, the killer's teammates will receive 200 gold. The killer does not receive this gold. If a non-player controlled unit lands the killing blow on Frostbite, it gives 230 gold to the team instead.

In addition, Frostbite will drop a Power Rune, two Tokens of Vision, and a Doom Bringer on death.