Rift Wars is a Game Mode introduced in Version 3.2.7. In Rift Wars, players are given a random set of abilities from a chosen pool of heroes, gaining a new set of abilities every time they die. The base coding for Rift Wars was done by [S2]Kros during his spare time, and the game mode is sometimes referred to as Kros Mode.
Rift Wars uses it own pick mode: Shuffle Pick. Players can each choose a hero, like All Pick. Picking a random hero will give 300 extra gold, and repicking costs 400 gold. Once players have chosen their heroes, each player can choose 2 more heroes to add that hero's abilities to the ability pool.
Once the game starts, both teams start with 5000 points (Which actually represents the main building's Health). Points are removed when a hero dies or buildings are destroyed. The amount of points lost are as follows:
- Heroes: -100
- Level 1 Tower: -200
- Level 2 Tower: -300
- Level 3 Tower: -400
- Level 4 Tower: -500
- Barracks: -200
- Meatball: -700
- All other buildings: -100
When a team's points reaches 0, heroes on that team are no longer revived, and the Well/Tarpit no longer provides regeneration nor does it attack enemy players. Once all heroes on a team are eliminated, the surviving team wins.
All heroes have a set of 3 basic abilities and 1 ultimate ability. It is possible to receive more than one of same ability, and abilities that come with sub-abilities or multiple version of it (Ex. Demon Hand) give only one version of that ability. These abilities are chosen from the ability pool. Players gain a new set of abilities when they die or use a Amulet of Rebirth.
Spawn times are reduced to 0.5 seconds per level.
Players receive 2 gold every 0.875 seconds and 0.3 XP every 1 second.
Players also gain experience based on their disadvantage. Every 10 seconds, a check is done if players qualify for the XP gain. If ([Your current Health] - [Your main Building's current Health]) is < 0, you gain ([Your main Building's current Health] - [Your current Health]) * 0.03 Experience.
Some abilities work differently in Rift Wars in order for it to be compatible with the mode.
- Emerald Red: Disabled.
- Essence Projection: The Projection does not copy any ability casts, but still provides regen around it.
- Chaotic Flames: Disabled.
- Twisted Visage: The Mimic gains a completely new set of abilities.
- Cadaver Armor: Any bonus Strength gained is lost on death.
- Drink: Disabled.
- Summon Gawain: Disabled.
- Grapple: You do not learn the sub-version of Grapple.
- Transmute: Disabled.
- Overcharged Shot: Will always use Charged Shot.
- Ace up my Sleeve: Will always use Forked Lightning.
- Adrenaline Kryo Enhancer: Unavailable. Will always use Master's Call.
- Flying Nimbus: Casting abilities does not reduce the cooldown of your other abilities.
- Enlarge: Disabled.
- Wrath of the Pharaoh: You do not gain the sub-version of Wrath of the Pharaoh from having a Staff of the Master.
- Shared Fate: Disabled.
- Manifestation: Disabled.
- Wish for Revenge: Disabled.
- Electric Eye: Disabled.
- Essence Shift: The buff is removed when you die.
- Demon Hand: Each separate version of Demon Hand counts as one ability.
- Terrorform: Disabled.
- Metamorphosis: Your BAT does not change to 1.4.