Heroes of Newerth Wiki

Back to Patch Notes

- The current Free Heroes have changed. The current available list is:

  • Magebane
  • Dark Lady
  • Moon Queen
  • Night Hound
  • Wildsoul
  • Dampeer
  • Armadon
  • Electrician
  • Geomancer
  • Parasite
  • Gauntlet
  • Slither
  • Demented Shaman
  • Vindicator
  • Glacius

- Fixed problems caused by using child interfaces in overlays - Fixed two different server crashes - Fixed consecutive bonuses not falling off - Post-Game Chat Channels will no longer display the option to add the channel to the auto-join channel list - News has new countdown timer system - Fixed a bug where some of the midbar icons would be grayed out after playing a Matchmaking game

- You can no longer bottle or touch a rune that's been deleted

  • This fixes double bottling a rune if you get it on the same frame as someone else

- Hellbourne ranged creep sounds updated - Possibly fixed rune pickups not being announced occasionally - Shop item cooldowns are now only updated once per second - Don't send game data to players that haven't loaded the world yet. This fixes crashes when reconnecting - You can no longer call kick votes on yourself - Kick votes on an AFK player will now be AFK kick votes - Fix crash when checking item ownership if an item had no owner

- New last hit detection method

  • Damage done in one frame is now applied in a random order. The damage that ends up killing the unit is now credited for the kill

- Old last hit detection method:

  • Damage is done at once. If the unit died, use a weighted random system to determine which damage source gets credit for the kill

Two scenarios for this: - 50 HP creep takes 20 damage from player A and 60 damage from player B

  • Old method: Player A has 25% chance of getting the kill, player B has 75% chance
  • New method: Player B always gets the kill

- 50 HP creep takes 60 damage from player A and 440 damage from player B

  • Old method: Player A has 12% chance of getting the kill, player B has 88% chance of getting the kill
  • New method: Both players have a 50% chance of getting the kill

Kongor - Kongor instantly kills Illusions he attacks - Kongor now stops getting stronger at the 1 hour mark, increased from 45 minutes

  • This means Kongor at the 60 minute mark has 120 charges of his growth buff, up from the old cap of 90 at 45 minutes

- Kongor Armor from the growth buff doubled from .05 to .1 Armor per charge - Scaling damage for the stomp does twice as much damage to non-Heroes & the stomp damage increases by 1 damage per charge of his growth buff

  • Starting damage of the stomp is 70 Magic Damage against Heroes

- Kongor can no longer have his Armor reduced by any ability or item

  • Abilities like Pestilence's Swarm still can be cast on him and give vision, but do not reduce his Armor


Observatory - Health Potions can now be bought here - Mana Potions can now be bought here

Frostwolf's Skull - Ranged Heroes now apply a 20% Movespeed Slow

  • Melee Heroes still apply a 30% Movespeed Slow

- Stats changed from 25 Strength, 25 Agility, 25 Intelligence to 30 Strength, 15 Agility, 15 Intelligence

Tablet of Command - Manacost increased from 25 to 50 - Cooldown increased from 16 to 20 seconds

Sol's Bulwark - Recipe cost increased from 700 to 900

Daemonic Breastplate - Recipe cost decreased from 1100 to 900

Runed Cleaver - Damage increased from 55 to 60 - Cooldown to kill a tree lowered from 15 to 5 seconds


- Added a new Alt Avatar: Magus Bane

All Melee Heroes - Base health regeneration increased from 0.25 to 1.25 health per second

Arachna - Harden Carapace duration changed from 3 to 2/3/4/5 seconds

Armadon - Spine Burst bonus Physical Damage per stack lowered from 30 to 25 - Restless passively increases the bonus Physical Damage of Spine Burst by 5 per level - Back angles and Side angles increased by 5% each (so 20% more area covered)

Behemoth - Fissure duration changed from 8 to 5/6/7/8 seconds - Enrage cooldown lowered from 7 to 7/6/5/4 seconds

Chronos - Time Leap manacost lowered from 135 to 120 - Chronofield now gives vision and reveals in and around the area

Cthulhuphant - Mortifying Presence can now be toggled - Fixed his Trample projectile so it gets killed properly if he isn't bound to it

Devourer - Cadaver Armor Strength gain radius increased from 400 to 1150 units

Fayde - Reflection's Clearvision radius changed from 1200 to 800/1000/1200 - Burning Shadows stun duration from 1/1.5/2/2.5 to 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5 seconds

Flint - Flare Movespeed slow from 14/20/26/32% to 14/18/22/26%

Forsaken Archer - Piercing Arrows now leaves behind an Illusion that channels for you

  • Can still be interrupted by stunning the illusion

- Piercing Arrows Magic Damage per arrow reduced from 75/150/225 to 75/125/175

Geomancer - Crystal Field Magic Damage from 250/350/450 to 300/450/600

Hammerstorm - Mighty Swing area from 175 to 175/200/225/250 - Mighty Swing splash from 12.5/25/37.5/50% to 15/30/45/60%

Hellbringer - Death Boil*s first tick now starts at 5 damage instead of 10

  • Final Magic Damage lowered from 150/210/280/360 to 125/180/245/320

Kraken - Starting Armor reduced from 3.1 to 2.1 - Splash Physical Damage reduced from 30/50/70/90 to 20/40/60/80 on both inner and outer radius

Night Hound - Base Intelligence increased from 14 to 16

Nomad - Fixed Mirage Strike not playing the sound for the enemy

Plague Rider - Movespeed reduced from 320 to 315 - Cursed shield Armor lowered from 3/6/9/12 to 2/4/6/8 - Cursed Shield no longer applies a Movespeed Slow, just Attackspeed - Cursed Shield now applies to all attacks, not just Melee

Pollywog - Electric Jolt manacost changed from 95/105/135/160 to 100/120/140/160

Revenant - When the duration ends on Defile it will now remove 1 charge instead of expiring

  • Attacking removes the charge that has the least time left

Rhapsody - Effects for the Dance Floor now only play on Heroes - Dance Floor now does half damage/heal to creeps

Sand Wraith - Mirage duration from 5/6/7 to 4/4.5/5 seconds - Mirage cooldown from 120 to 120/100/80 seconds - Desert's Curse manacost from 130/140/150/160 to 120 - Desert's Curse Movespeed Slow/Speed from 5/9/14/18% to 8/12/16/20%

Scout - Base Damage adjusted from 45-59 to 50-54 - Vanish cooldown from 24/18/12/6 to 15/12/9/6 - Electric Eyes no longer give experience to enemies who kill them

  • They still give gold

- The Detonate ability on Electric Eyes moved from Q to E

Silhouette - Can no longer grapple to a tree or swap to illusion while immobilized - Relentless Salvo cooldown from 9/7/5/3 to 10/8/6/4 seconds - Shadow cooldown changed from 120/105/90 to 120/110/100 seconds

Succubus - Succubus* Hold now reveals and gives clearvision around the target (300 AoE) with 1 second linger after the channel ends

Swiftblade - Finally allowed Swiftblade to use Portal Key while Swift Slashing!

Tempest - Elemental manacost from 170 to 180 - Glacial Blasts manacost from 110/130/150/160 to 100/120/140/160

Torturer - Chain Reaction AoE from 225 to 150/175/200/225

Tremble - Terror Mounds no longer lose the bonus to Health Regen and Movespeed when an enemy Hero is inside one

  • They still disable the invisibility when an enemy Hero is inside

Warbeast - Warbeast now copies his existing Howl buff to the Wolves when they are summoned

Wild Soul - Booboo can no longer use Return if he has taken damage from an enemy Hero in the last 3 seconds


- Fixed entity typos in the following abilities. There should be no functional change other than tooltip or minor effects that were not showing up:

  • Devourer's strength growth from kills
  • Balphagore's Demonic Pathogen
  • Balphagore's Regurgitate
  • Fayde's Burning Shadows
  • Revenant's Mortification
  • Pebbles' Chuck
  • Silhouette's Shadow
  • Aluna's Emerald Red
  • Bombardier's Boom Dust
  • Maliken's Hellbourne Zeal
  • Puppet Master's Whiplash
  • Tundra Coeurl's Slow
  • Kongor's growth
  • Antlore Healer's Heal
  • Transmutanstein and Zorgath's growth

Armadon - Added charges as a visual indicator for how close Armordillo will be to proccing a Spine Burst

  • The charges are representing a percentage, from 0 to 100

Balphagore - Fixed his minions being deniable at 50% HP like other minions

Chipper - Offset the Rocket Barrage projectile so it won't hit units behind him

Empath - Fixed Illusory Veil not aggroing creeps properly

Gauntlet - Fixed Grapple exploit that was hilarious and teleported both Gauntlet and the hooked target back to the well

Master of Arms - Swapped the blue/red weapon switch gun sounds so it makes more sense

Monkey King - Fixed a small displacement issue where Vault displaced him even when invulnerable

Nomad - Fixed an issue where Nomad was attacking at a closer range than 128 with his True Strike ability - Fixed his ZING! sound so it plays if he uses True Strike at point-blank range - Added buildingwalking to him when invisible so that Nomad & his illusion won't get stuck on buildings

Parasite - Fixed Parasite Leech giving him Movespeed even when it's disjointed

  • If it is disjointed now, Parasite will not get any buff

- Made the Infest ability on the creep castable even when the creep is stunned or silenced - Made Infest order disjoint the infested target when it lands

  • This ensures that allies who are attacking a creep you infest will not continue to attack it